The two boys, Isiah Francis, 10-year-old and 11-year-old Jeremiah Grimes were going on with their regular day when they saw smoke in the house next door.
These two superheroes did not wear capes and they just reached the right time with enough courage and determination. Two young boys managed to save toddlers in their neighbor's house as it went on fire in Oakland, Florida. The two boys, Isiah Francis, 10-year-old and 11-year-old Jeremiah Grimes, were going on their regular day when they saw smoke in the house next to theirs. They quickly realized the house was on fire and rushed to save anyone inside it despite the fire and the panic. Their courageous effort rescued a 1-year-old and an 8-month-old from the house. It is not a story of fearlessness as the two boys were scared, but they overcame it to save someone who needed it. It is a story of courage, as reported by CBS News.
"I was really scared because I thought I was going to get burned," Isiah said to a local news outlet in Orlando. "I was nervous because there was so much smoke it was hard for me to see." They could not see much in the house due to heavy smoke and yet they put themselves at risk to save the two toddlers. Their quick action saved lives, which might have not happened if the toddlers were not taken out of the house soon.
Isiah even wants to grow up and become a firefighter and now he will have more experience than most 11-year-olds. The reason for the fire has not been clarified yet, but most likely, as per reports, it was from a gas stove. Investigators did not know why the father could not save all four of his children from the fire, but Isiah and Jeremiah did.
In another story about a young boy saving the day and saving lives, a boy turned into a superhero when his drowning brother needed him the most. It happened in New Zealand and the champ has been given the Mountbatten Award for his heroic act, as reported by Stuff. His name is Kalya Kandegoda Gamage and the 14-year-old teen shocked his mother when he saw his brother Kithmi being taken away by the sea waves that were around 3 meters tall last year.
He said, "Ok Mum, I'm going out. I might not be back." 12-year-old Kithmi also swam well but was swept out to sea when large waves broke off in Chrystalls Beach in South Otago. He was scared and exhausted but was trying to get back to the land. However, he was around 180 feet of treading water in a "notoriously dangerous" patch of the coastal ocean, where, according to the Royal Life Saving Society (RLSS), "no one survives."
Kayla was ready to save his brother. He jumped into the water and was easily able to reach his brother. He was concerned about reaching the shore, but they were able to do that safely. "Undoubtedly, Kalya's brave response saved his brother's life that day," said the RLSS. "He tried to grab me, then I pushed him, then I told him to grab my shoulders and my shirt. So, we went to the shore safely," Kayla told RNZ Checkpoint. He saved the day and his brother.