Love letters have generally gone the way of the dinosaur in the age of digital media, but that doesn't mean people don't enjoy communicating with touching love notes once in a blue moon. Whether it is a stranger you once walked into or a small business thanking you for thinking of them, heartfelt notes always manage to make one feel important and loved.
In a sad world with troubling times, these 25 wholesome notes people have sent to others will definitely put a smile on your face:
1. "I leave my wife small love notes sometimes and found this one from my 6-year-old daughter coming home from work :) Definitely made me smile."
2. "A teacher sent these notes home with her students to give their parents."
4. "This note hanging from this taxi driver's wheel!"
5. "My husband is a garbage man. This note was frozen to one of the cans on his route this morning."
6. "A couple of days ago someone ordered 14 mins before closing time and wrote a note to us. I wrote one back and gave them a free garlic bread and a couple of hours ago while working, I found out they left a review about it. Was pretty happy for the rest of the shift."
9. "I'm a waitress who just recently started going to therapy for the first time in my life... Today I had a therapy session right before my shift began, and a customer left me this note written on the back of their receipt."
14. "I’m finishing up my Bachelor’s and my little 9-year-old brother wrote me this note."
15. "After getting groceries for our honeymoon cabin we walk out to find a note on the windshield. Opened it up to find a sweet note with $20 tucked into it."
16. "Homeless guy left a note on my windshield."
17. "I was on a train, reading a book and a guy sat opposite from me. Before he got off at his stop, he scribbled this note and handed it to me. It's a little rhyme and loosely translates as: 'The rain is falling steadily, light and drab, someone should tell you how beautiful you are today.'"
22. "I struggle with depression. Came home last night to find my room covered in positive sticky notes from my sister. Yes, I cried."
23. "My elderly neighbor accidentally pressed the input button on her TV remote and called me over to fix it for her. Today I found a bottle of wine and this note at my door. I guess I won't be moving anytime soon."
24. "My dad died 3 years ago. He wrote this on my ceiling one night 10+ years ago. My mom remodeled my room after I moved out, and I forgot about the note. She had it cut out and framed. The most special gift I have ever been given."
25. "My wife and I brought home our newborn yesterday and some neighbors baked us cookies. Their daughter included this note."