With an unbelievable 'rags to riches' story, for years she has encouraged us all to live our best lives and even at 66-years-of age, is as regal and powerful a force as ever.
Pop the champagne and alert the heavens, the queen of talk shows, Oprah Winfrey turns 66 today! As an avid advocate of equality and feminism, she has been one of the most inspirational and influential public figures of our time. With an unbelievable 'rags to riches' story, for years she has encouraged us all to live our best lives and even at 66-years-of age, is as regal and powerful a force as ever. A celebrated actress, producer, philanthropist, entrepreneur, and more, today we look back at some of her most powerful quotes that are nothing short of pearls of wisdom.
1. "Doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment."
2. "The big secret in life is that there is no big secret. Whatever your goal, you can get there if you're willing to work."
3. "Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough."
4. "You get in life what you have the courage to ask for."
5. "Surround yourself only with people who are going to take you higher."
6. "Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody’s going to know whether you did it or not."
7. "Turn your wounds into wisdom."
8. "The reason I've been able to be so financially successful is my focus has never, ever for one minute been money."
9. "True forgiveness is when you can say, 'Thank you for that experience.'"
10. "Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure."
11. "The whole point of being alive is to evolve into the complete person you were intended to be."
12. "Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe."
13. "I don't think of myself as a poor deprived ghetto girl who made good. I think of myself as somebody who, from an early age, knew I was responsible for myself, and I had to make good."
14. "Self-esteem comes from being able to define the world in your own terms and refusing to abide by the judgments of others."
15. "Everyone wants to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down."
16. "If you don't know what your passion is, realize that one reason for your existence on earth is to find it."
17. "When you undervalue what you do, the world will undervalue who you are."
18. "Over the years, I’ve interviewed thousands of people, most of them women, and I would say that the root of every dysfunction I’ve ever encountered, every problem, has been some sense of a lacking of self-value or of self-worth."
19. "One of the hardest things in life to learn are which bridges to cross and which bridges to burn."
20. "If friends disappoint you over and over, that's in large part your own fault. Once someone has shown a tendency to be self-centered, you need to recognize that and take care of yourself; people aren't going to change simply because you want them to."
21. "Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another steppingstone to greatness."
22. "I've come to believe that each of us has a personal calling that's as unique as a fingerprint - and that the best way to succeed is to discover what you love and then find a way to offer it to others in the form of service, working hard, and also allowing the energy of the universe to lead you."
23. "Excellence is the best deterrent to racism and sexism."
24. "What I know for sure is that speaking your truth is the most powerful tool we all have."
25. "Family should be the place where you can be your most complete self."
26. "Whatever your reason for holding on to resentments, I know this for sure: There is none worth the price you pay in lost time."
27. "I refuse to be quiet in the face of injustice. And perhaps the best thing about America is that—young or old, rich or poor, no matter your race, whatever your religion or your sexual orientation—you too can stand up and speak out! No better moment than this one."
28. "When you don't know what to do, do nothing. Get quiet so you can hear the still, small voice—your inner GPS guiding you to true North."