In the video, we see a mother holding her son and looking for help as he looks unwell. Soon, a stranger comes to help them.
Not all superheroes wear capes and the following video is proof. In a video uploaded by @GoodNewsMovement when a kid choked on his candy but he was saved on time by a man who used Heimlich maneuver to save him. In the video, we see a mother holding her son and looking for help as he looks unwell. At this moment a man comes and saves the day as he is seen helping the kid throw up the candy. Soon, the man is able to help the kid and the kid instantly goes and hugs his mom. At this point, the man kisses the child's forehead and this scene is replayed in the video before the video is concluded. The video is captioned, "HERO: Child choking on a piece of candy is saved by a stranger using the Heimlich maneuver. The kiss on the forehead at the end Yusuf Celik is the name of the hero who saved his life." It has been widely watched as it has almost 10,000 views and several retweets and comments on it. It must have struck a chord people as if not for this man, the kid would have been in some danger.
HERO: Child choking on a piece of candy is saved by a stranger using the Heimlich maneuver. The kiss on the forehead at the end 😭— GoodNewsMovement (@GoodNewsMVT) June 24, 2023
Yusuf Celik is the name of the hero who saved his life. pic.twitter.com/TIryu4biBN
As for the technique he used, it is called the Heimlich maneuver, as per the Cleveland Clinic, it is "a first aid method for choking. It can be used on adults and children but isn’t recommended for infants. The Heimlich maneuver is known as abdominal thrust because it involves thrusting into the abdominal area. It’s a quick life-saving method, but it should only be used on conscious people who can’t breathe on their own."
In another story of courage and compassion, the city of Fort Worth, Texas, and its firefighters honored Jaziyah Parker. She is 12 years old and yet she quickly noticed that her family was falling ill and called 911. She realized something was not right when her mother and brother began passing out. "Something wrong with my mama. Can you hurry up and come?" Jaziyah said to the fire department in a call. They have also released a recording of it. The fire department said in a statement to ABC that if Jaziyah had not called them, her family would not be alive today, as per Good Morning America.
A 12-year-old girl is being hailed as a hero for saving her family as authorities said carbon monoxide was filling their home in Fort Worth, Texas.https://t.co/aX9wJPsolt— Good Morning America (@GMA) May 25, 2023
"At first, they were acting normal and when I came back to my room, they started screaming and throwing up and stuff and they started to pass out," Jaziyah said. Carbon monoxide can be very dangerous as one cannot taste or see it. As for Jaziyah's family, the firefighters revealed the family had left their car open in the garage and this led to poisoning. "When a car is running in an enclosed environment, this is why people are more at risk of carbon monoxide exposure," emergency medicine physician and medical toxicologist Dr. Stephanie Widmer said. "Realizing [carbon monoxide poisoning is] what's going on is something that's very difficult. So that's why carbon monoxide detectors are vital. They're so important," Widmer added.
Her mom and sisters sat in the first row as she received the honor from Fort Worth City Council Member Chris Nettles and Fort Worth Fire Chief Jim Davis, as per NBCDFW. "We're here celebrating life today and the reason we're celebrating life today is because of a 12-year-old," said Davis who gave Jaziyah a plaque for her steady mind and quick thinking in a life-threatening situation.