As I—an eternally tired millennial in her late 20s—grow older, I often wonder what kind of a grandparent/grand aunt/cat-lady-next-door I'd be in a few decades' time. Will my youthful rebellion and zest for adventure survive the passage of time or will I spend my later years conforming to agist stereotypes of what old people should do, wear, and consume? While only time will give me the answer to that, if I'm even half as cool as the badass elderly relatives of these 25 netizens, I'd happily consider myself to have been blessed with a life well-lived:
1. "This was how my grandparents celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary."
2. "The grandparents from this weekend's wedding... no words."
3. "I ordered a Wonder Woman costume online. It was a little big for me when it arrived and my grandmother said she wanted to try it on. This is the fabulous result."
4. "My grandpa at 72 years old."
5. "My 106-year-old great-great grand-aunt on her 105th birthday. She acts like she's hardly 80."
6. "Tribute to my 96-year-old grandma that still lives alone and can walk around without a cane walker or wheelchair and who waters her flowers by being lifted up on a tractor. Also, she can remember the thing she ate for dinner 3 years ago... sharp as a tack."
7. "My Great-Grandmother, born in 1899, never met her, but definitely a legend."
8. "My 87-year-old step Grandmother decided it was time to get a tattoo."
9. "My beautiful Grandma doing the splits after her 80th birthday party last night."
10. "My 97-year-old Great Grandma. She lives alone, drives herself, mows her lawn, loves sexy men, and drinks on the regular! This is her proving she can touch her toes."
11. "My 60-year-old uncle shredding in Kauai."
12. "My 101-year-old neighbor was so ready for the eclipse."
13. "My grandad was giving out cookies with his picture on them for his birthday today."
14. "Someone offered my grandpa a preferred seat for elderly people on the subway and he did this."
15. "My Grandmother promised all of us if she made it to 90 she would get a pink mohawk. Well, she made it to 90. Rock on Grandma!"
16. "My aunt's first selfie with her first-ever smartphone she got for Christmas."
17. "Bought my Grandma an iPad. She's 84 and never had a tablet, and wanted it for 'art.' I bought ArtRage for her and left her alone with her new toy for 30 minutes. This is what I came back to."
18. "My grandpa is a retired mathematician. He got bored, so he decided to build a castle by hand. It's been like 4 years, but he's gettin' there!"
19. "74-year-old grandpa doing some BBQ, enjoying life."
20. "What my 80-year-old grandmother did when told to 'dress up as a ninja.'"
21. "My 76-year-old grandpa dressed up as Elton John for Halloween. My grandma said it was the first time she put rouge and an earring on her husband."
22. "My grandma texted me saying she was racing today, then sent this picture."
23. "My 96-year-old grandma playing VR for the first time. What a time to be alive!"
24. "My grandma did a keg stand at my brother's graduation."