25 instances of bosses being absolute sweethearts and treating their staff with compassion
The bosses and managers in this list are true gems who lead by example and compassion. Above all, these individuals understand the importance of mental health and seek ways to induce positivity in the office space.
There is no end to horror stories about rude and conniving bosses. Such bosses make coming to work every day seem like a massive chore. But what about the other side of the coin? Where are the stories of bosses that make work seem like heaven on earth? The fun bosses who ensure that every employee actually enjoys their time on the premises? As much as the subreddit r/Antiwork might make you believe otherwise, such bosses actually exist and we are going to talk about them in this list.
It is quite evident that bosses can make or break the work environment. But having a good boss who actually cares about the well-being of their staff is not something everyone gets to experience. The bosses and managers in this list, however, are true gems who lead by example and compassion. They don't intrude on every detail of your life as long as you give the work on time. They do not seek their own comfort while planning activities for the team. They back up their employees in confrontations, rather than insulting them for the sake of customers. Above all, these individuals understand the importance of mental health and seek ways to induce positivity in the office space. Yes, they truly do exist and these 25 examples are proof of it.
1. "I wish more businesses backed their staff this way."
2. Who wouldn't want to work for someone with an emotional soul
cute bookstore story: we got an email from a guy who was wondering if we ever rented out the space for events because he wants to celebrate his wife’s 30th birthday with dinner in a bookstore
my boss was so charmed by the email that he offered the space for free
3. "Our boss makes us breakfast every Wednesday without fail. Really helps the morale."
4. "This is how you boss."
5. "Recently just had a kid. Have been struggling even with my new job that pays decently, I reached out to my boss thinking my request for overtime would be denied since I'm still in my 90 day probation. This was his response. I'm literally crying right now knowing my boss cares enough to break rules to help."
6. "I confided in my new manager how much I'm struggling mentally with my new job. I also commented on how much I loved her pin badges. This was on my desk this morning."
7. "I'm a student working for a chain of sushi restaurants. Got a gift card from my boss for New Year's. Will probably not get to eat like this until graduation."
8. "My boss leaving notes on my paychecks."
9. "Got this from my boss at work (I’m a fitness coach). I don’t think I’ve ever received such positive words from anyone else I’ve ever worked with."
10. "My boss got me an early birthday cake delivered to the office today. Can't wait to go home and dig in."
11. "When you stayed behind at work and your boss nicks a bun from the bosses' break room for you as thanks."
12. "My daughter was admitted to the hospital hours before I was due to leave on work travel. Then found out she was spending the next night too. No questions, my boss offered to call the hotel and adjust my reservation for me."
13. "My boss is paying for my car repair."
14. "For all of you with sh**ty, incompetent bosses... I apologize...this was on my desk when I came in today."
15. "Food retail is a nightmare at the moment, but this response from my manager is perfect. Thanks boss, it really means a lot to me."
16. "My old boss made care packages for his employees since they are closed. He truly cares about his workers!"
17. "My boss gets it."
18. "I intern at a fashion magazine. My boss asked if I liked lipstick and handed me a bag of free samples."
20. Where do we apply for this boss?
21. "I’ve had terrible teeth my entire life. It’s been the bane of my existence. Today I got a $10,000 quote on the cost of what needs to be done, and it just made me feel even more helpless. My boss, mentor, literal angel, is taking care of this for me, free of charge."
22. "Boss mailed me this after two years at my newest job. Complete 180 from the last job I was at."
23. "I was having a rough day at work so my manager brought me a bouquet."
24. This is my boss, running a nearly $200 million dollar company, emailing the whole company."
25. "My boss encouraged me to paint at work since it's been so dead, so here's a cute little snowman! Cheap tempera paint on a brown grocery bag."