A doctor's visit is seldom fun. The awkwardness, fear, nervousness and a mix of emotions come into play. In addition to this, the hospital or clinic atmosphere adds to give a weird feeling in one's gut. Whether it's a simple checkup or an injection, going to a doctor's appointment is presumably the least fun outing. Patients tend to feel differently when they're visiting a doctor. However, some doctors understand the situation and try their best to make their patients feel comfortable. They know that a doctor's visit can evoke several unwanted emotions and making the patients feel at ease is one of their priorities.
For children, doctors can bribe or convince them with stuffed toys and chocolates. But that doesn't always work. What about adults? Adults don't easily calm down around a doctor, especially if it's a new one. Ever wondered what doctors do for these patients' comfort? They indulge in humor! What better than a joke or two to lighten up the mood a tad bit? Here are 25 instances of doctors pulling wholesome tricks on their patients that we have handpicked from Reddit for you.
1. "Sweet support dog who gives comfort to children at the dentist, priceless"
2. "The radiology waiting room in local hospital has the usual naff floral decor, except... they’re x-rays"
3. "My dentist has jokes"
4. What better sign for a prosthetist?
5. "My eye doctor's place has eye exams in different languages"
6. A pain scale that tells a story
7. "The bike rack at this dentist's office looks like it's being squeezed out of a tube of toothpaste"
8. At this clinic, there's no 'go big or go home'
9. This doctor understands
10. When you say "all are welcome" and really mean it
11. "Bathroom at my dentist's office has a picture of the bathroom at my dentist's office hanging on the wall"
12. When you're out of budget but love Christmas
13. "A guide to Yellow Stripey things according to my doctor’s office"
14. We accept walk-ins
15. Do it Lego-style
16. A children's MRI playing set... Teach 'em young
17. Another dentist's interiors done right
18. "Dentist knows what's up"
19. "My primary doctor has a bobblehead of himself at the front desk"
20. "Doctor's office. Every room has this type of display with different scenes. All completed by the doctor"
21. "First appointment at new doctor just got more serious"
22. Doctor's waiting room... Only the brave of heart enter here
23. "My doctor’s office has a wreath made of blood vials"
24. "This misprinted Patient Consent Form I got from my Eye Doctor"
25. "Went to the doctor for dizziness, they prescribed this"